Friday, May 17, 2013

Report: Week 2

This week has been both easier and harder.  I am getting accustomed to the parameters of my new diet.  Some new recipes have spiced up the vegetarian aspect.  This week I tried vegetarian spring rolls (which is quite a feat without cabbage) and a No-mato pasta sauce.  They were both great! 

On the other hand, I haven't splurged in two weeks.  While I feel really proud about that, I'm starting to feel a little deprived.  I wanted sugar so badly that I had to chew gum to get through the cravings.  Especially since I am on the candida cleanse, I can't afford to cheat.  Sugar feeds yeast.  I REALLY want to take care of that issue...so, no cheating.  As reward for my efforts, I 've lost 2.5 MORE pounds, putting me at 5 pounds under my starting weight.  It's not much, but it feels so GOOD to see the scale moving down. 

In the area of mental health, I am still feeling really good.  I had one bad day last week, but bounced back within about 12 hours.  Again, I can't swear that it's purely diet related, but I'd bet it's at least playing a small part. 

So far, I'd say it looks like I am on the right path.  I will continue posting weekly reports through week 6...then I'll slow it down to once a month.  Hopefully this will continue to be a journey of progress toward improved mental and physical health!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tiffany, losing 5 pounds in 2 weeks sounds awesome! Way to go. Also, I chew gum sometimes when I'm craving sugar too :) You're really doing great on this plan -- I'm super impressed. Also, I really like your blog. I've clicked on it off and on and lately I think you're really getting into a good groove. You're a real person on here (while some bloggers aren't), and I love that. Keep it up! Also, please don't hesitate to ask if you ever need support!

    ReplyDelete